[Torân] The Threads of Fate

Crossovers and new game worlds. If you want to run your own story world, start it here. If it gets enough attention, we may create a forum for it.

Character submission optional.
User name can be different from character name.

Moderator: Drakkim

Post Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:15 am

A small child walked up and sat down beside Kypries. She looked over at the human child, probably eight years old and smiled. The child took that as an invitation and began spilling out a story aboput monsters and bad guys. Hew suddenly jumped up and hollared 'Come on! Follow me!' and took off down an alley way.

Post Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:38 am

Kyp frowned at the child's story, slightly confused when he began running down the alleyway. She rose from her seat on the bench, and quickly followed him; calling out softly, "Wait..."
She heard no reply though, as she ran down the alleyway. She saw what she thought was the boy turn a sharp corner, so she ran that way, only to find no trace of him.
"H-hello...?"

Post Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:47 pm

Kyp was about to turn back when a shout surprised her. She turned toward the sound to see the boy was jumping from a second-story window, yelling "Get the bad guy!"

Not sure what to do, and not having enough time to react, Kyp froze in surprise as the little boy landed on her shoulders with the grace of a cat. He hopped and turned with remarkable agility so that he could sit on her shoulders and wrapped his legs around her neck. "I've got the bad guy!" he called out.

Post Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:00 pm

Kyp yelped in surprise and pain as he jumped from the window and landed hard on her shoulders. "Owwwww!"
She grabbed his legs and unwrapped them from her neck, then hoisted him upside down in the air. "That wasn't very nice, that hurt! Please don't do that!" She gently turned the 8 year old boy right side up again, and set him on the ground. "Maybe you should go find some other friends to play with..." Although she had been frightened by his little stunt, she wasn't very angry with him. She figured that children were naturally mischevious, and usually harmless.

Post Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:39 pm

"Child," came a piercing whisper. Kyp and the child both looked up to see a pair of intense blue eyes. His expression was that of a stern teacher on the about to deal out punishment. "Leave her be."

The boy quickly wriggled free of Kypries' grip and ran back out the alleyway. Dran Gildenshire turned to watch the child, ensuring he left and caused no more mischief.

Kypries took the opportunity to take in the rest of the man who was obviously a mage, and by the silver-and-gold robes, probably a very wealthy one at that. The set of his shoulders as much as shouted that he was in control. And she imagined he would have it no other way. She briefly glanced about, realizing that the alley was a dead end and that this mage was blocking the only exit.

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:41 am

Kypries managed to give a polite bow and stutter out a grateful "T-thank you, sir..." for telling the small boy off. This mage had caught her by surprise and it seemed like he had used this to his advantage, from the appearance of things. After she had noted his ornate robes and stern demeanor, she was more intimidated than ever; especially by the fact that he was blocking the only exit.
She wondered what he could possibly want...

Post Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:10 pm

The mage adknowldged the bow with a smile that never touched his ice blue eyes.
"I do not believe that one will bother you again," he whispered. "I am Dran Gildenshire, in case you haven't heard of me. My reputation often precedes me, whether deserved or not." That same cold smile touched the corners of his mouth again, though his eyes remained stoney.

Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:59 am

Kypries's eyes widened slightly at this news. "I regret to say that I am not acquainted with your reputation, Master Gildenshire." His smile chilled her to the bone; for it never reached his eyes. His presence unnerved her, for reasons that she couldn't entirely explain. His stony expression, somewhat rough demeanor. and raspy whisper made him seem years older than he actually was. She wasn't sure how to politely end the uncomfortable conversation and tell him to move, so she thanked him for his intervention once more. "Thank you again for keeping that child from climbing all over me..."
PreviousNext

Return to Open RP