[Nexus] A Most Unusual Library (Open)

Crossovers and new game worlds. If you want to run your own story world, start it here. If it gets enough attention, we may create a forum for it.

Character submission optional.
User name can be different from character name.

Moderator: Drakkim

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:43 pm

Elaine stared at Lexium and Keeper, her mouth slightly open in surprise.
The dark silver-haired man had pointed ears and a tail, complete with a sharp pointed object on the end of it, and happened to speak like Yoda. And from what the librarian had said, the library didn't seem to be a typical one. She had heard of libraries spanning new horizons, but only figuratively.
"D-different...worlds...? You don't mean...."
Her voice trailed off as her eyes widened, and she sat down on the ground suddenly, feeling very bewildered.
'Did I happen to wander in on people loose from some weird science fiction convention or something...? This can't be real...it absolutely can't. This only happens in books, or movies.'
She used her free hand to tightly pinch the skin of the arm still wrapped around the book.
"OW! You're not supposed to feel pain in dreams!"
She then wrapped both arms around the leatherbound book, shielding it from Lexium's terrified gaze. Somehow, holding that book didn't feel wrong, or bad.
She shifted her gaze back to Lexium.
"It's a book. Books don't usually hurt people unless you hit them with one."

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:37 pm

Keeper smiled slightly at the lady's disbelief. "No, milady, tisn't a dream. Although your statement is not quite correct. There are entire worlds that exist in dreams... and others in nightmare. They certainly feel pain." The distant look again touched his eyes, though more briefly this time.

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:19 pm

Elaine changed her gaze again, from Lexium to Keeper.
She swallowed, her throat feeling very dry. She remained seated upon the ground, feeling as though her legs wouldn't hold up if she attempted to stand.
"Somehow...I think I would've been a bit happier if you hadn't told me that."
She felt a raging headache descending, as she absorbed all of the information that had been given to her.

Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:06 am

Lexium flinched visibly at the Keeper's words, now turning to face him. "Speak not so! Nightmares and dreamworlds be not topics to dwell on; speaking of such invites peril and pain! Speakers not so... bad omen this is..." He said, now seemingly overwhelmed by despair upon hearing their conversation, despite the farly harmless nature of their words.
"Bad omen this is..."

Post Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:06 am

Elaine seemed to absorb Lexium's despair at the mention of nightmares and dream worlds, but remained calm.
Hiding her apprehension behind sarcasm, she addressed him.
"Well, you're just one ray of happy golden sunshine, now aren't you."
Growing more serious, she inquired,
"Out of curiosity, what isn't a bad omen...?"

Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:20 am

Lexium fidgeted slightly as his brows furrowed. He was clearly thinking, then suddenly burst out. "Sandwiches. B-but not the kind with peanut butter... and only when make it myself I do. Trusters them we can not. Out there, waiting, they are... Bad omen... ah... apologies, miss. Dampens your spirits my intent is not... Sorry I bes." He said with a slight bow, seeming proud that he had managed to come up with an answer to her question. Though on second thought, sandwiches HAD always seemed rather menacing... who knew what they held between those slices of bread...?
"Bad omen this is..."

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:32 pm

Elaine turned to the Keeper and gestured towards the bookshelves.
"Can these books be checked out of the library by any chance, or do they need to remain here...?"
She glimpsed a few books that sounded fascinating merely from their titles on the nearby shelves surrounding her. Several books of mythology were neatly contained within the shelves, as well as many legends, histories, and rather fantastical memoirs.
She glanced at Lexium, a little startled by his comment.
"Non peanut butter sandwiches...is that it? Do you need a hug or something?"
She frowned, surprised. How could a strange man such as Lexium obtain peanut butter...? She had the feeling that he didn't venture into supermarkets often, and giggled at the mental image. Somehow...that would be...a bad omen, most likely.
"Wait, you've had peanut butter? How?"

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:52 pm

Keeper chuckled, his ageless eyes showing genuine mirth. "The peanut is not indigenous only to your earth, Young One. Nor is the idea of crushing it up into a paste."
He shook his head at Elaine's obvious confusion. "As I said before, this is a Nexus. Here, worlds touch solely for the purpose of sharing knowledge. Many are the doors that open into these vast halls, but one can only see those Destiny chooses. I doubt Lexium here came through the Terran Gate, nor could he. Just as you could not leave the way he entered. Nor could I." The last was so quiet that Elaine wasn't sure it was imagined.
Each of us dreams. In mine, I see my home--Lost to me, perhaps for all time. In His, the home He desired was made whole and real. Yet, you tell me we are the same?

It cannot be.
PreviousNext

Return to Open RP